Wroum Wroum!

I just committed a pretty hefty optimization of our generic database backend. The optimization is in the area where we put records into the system – in Summa land known as “Ingest”.

1 hour of profiling, 200 lines of test code, and re-shuffling 10 lines of code in our database layer improved our ingest rate with a factor 20. Admitedly the ingest rate was a bit on the slow side before I started, but it feels good nonethelessđŸ™‚

This entry was posted in kamstrup, Summa and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s